Bill Fix
Bill Fix, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney at Fix Law, PLLC

Im trying to find out if child support is current and papers

Customer Question

Im trying to find out if child support is current and papers have been filed to attempt to increase the amount by the custodial parent that lives in Wyoming can they then decide at that point to ask for an back child support due to wages that just haven't been reported due to moving around?
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: The custodial parent is again getting ready to move out of wyoming to AZ he just received a masters degree working on a second masters so it was a shock to get the papers
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Bill Fix replied 5 months ago.
To find out whether you are current on child support, you should contact the child support office. As long as your payments are processed through the office or at least reported to the office, they should have an up to date record of what you've paid and how much you owe. Child support typically begins accruing either when the parents separate or, if they're already separated, from the child's birth. So if you have not been paying child support from the date of separation, it is possible that an arrearage will be added to your account at some point.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ive never missed
Expert:  Bill Fix replied 5 months ago.
If the other party is alleging that you have, you should be prepared to produce evidence showing that you're not behind. If your payments are made directly to the child support office, they will have a record, and that should be easy to document. But if you made payments directly to the other parent, I hope you have receipts, cancelled checks, bank statements, etc. to prove your side.
Expert:  Bill Fix replied 5 months ago.
I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.