Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Child support JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help

Customer Question

Child support
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: My kids father obtained a cpn# ***** is still working driving trucks I think getting paid under the table
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I cannot afford a lawyer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: He is married and an order was stopped 12/14 until my children turn 18
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: They are 15&12
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your children's father. What does the last court order say? Why was child support stopped on 12/14? When you say "Until they turn 18," do you mean he has to start paying support again after the kids are adults? Also, what state do you live in? Child support laws are different in each state.
Did you still need help with this?