Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My ex husband who is very rich has taken custody of our eleven

Customer Question

My ex husband who is very rich has taken custody of our eleven year old daughter. I have no drug or arrest record. The alimony that was to be paid until November 2017, he stopped without notice December 1, 2015. Now he has taken my daughter saying that he is the better parent because he is able to support her and I can't. I had taken and completed a paralegal program at Duke University but have been unable to find a job in my area. I am working now in retail, but there is not enough income to handle both household expenses and attorney fees. Please help me. I will let go of any fight to regain my alimony, I just need my daughter back. Thank you in advance.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

So I can better assist, you I want to make sure I understand clearly. There is a custody order in place that made you the primary residential parent, and your ex-husband removed your child without court order?

I want to be able to answer your question but I need you to answer my question first regarding whether your ex-husband took your daughter without having the custody order changed?

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, your previous contributor had to leave.
Can you please provide us the additional information if you would like for us to give you information about this situation? Thank you.