Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.

Married 18 years, we do not live together, I am the Mother

Customer Question

Married 18 years, we do not live together, I am the Mother and I allowed Father to keep kids in family home but now he is not letting them stay the night or see them on a regular basis. Nothing has been filed. What can I file so I can have a scheduled visitation?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. In order for a judge to enter a custody and visitation order, it's necessary to have a pending action for divorce or legal separation. As part of that process, the judge will divide any joint assets the two of you have, determine whether it's necessary to enter a spousal support award, and enter orders for the custody and support of your children. There unfortunately isn't any process for a judge to enter custody orders regarding parents who are still married, even when they don't live together, unless you're seeking a legal separation or a divorce. Oklahoma does not provide free forms online for this purpose, but any local attorney can help you create the Complaint, or you can visit a local law library to check out books with forms if you prefer to do it yourself. If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.
Did you need any more help with this?