Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
17897874

My question is do I have to mention 3 of my brothers children

Customer Question

my question is do I have to mention 3 of my brothers children in my will even though I am leaving them nothing can they contest the will should a mention in my will that I am leaving them nothing mm
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.You have no legal obligation to leave anything to your brother, his children, grandchildren, etc.If the will is admitted to probate then only the people in the will would receive their bequest. If not mentioned, the children get nothing. You do not have to say anything. You can state that you intetionally make no provision for his children and that if he does not survive you, his bequest should go to someone else.