Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My husband and I are separated. He moved out of our home and

Customer Question

My husband and I are separated. He moved out of our home and in with his parents 4 months ago. We decided we will get a divorce. I am not able to with my lawyer for 1 week. My husband has continually come back to the house and taken stuff/household items. What rights do I have to our shared assets until I secure a lawyer? Can he come by anytime he wants or can I protect my time and privacy since I'm living in the home? Both our name are on the deed to the home.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. If this property is your marital residence and if both of your names are ***** ***** title, he has the right to come and go as he pleases (as do you) until/unless a court order is entered that restricts his access rights to the property.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
That said, you have just as much right to marital property as he does......but you can't legally stop him from taking things without a court order. But, you can document the contests of the house and what he takes so you can report to the court and ask the judge to order him to either give back some of the property he's taken or to give you credit/pay you money for your interest in the property taken.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!