Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My father passed away two weeks ago. He had a will but would

Customer Question

My father passed away two weeks ago. He had a will but would not share it with us while he was alive. My mother passed away 6 years ago. Now that he is passed, surviving family members have a right to see the will. However, his second wife will not give me or my sisters the will or any financial information. I called the my dad's attorney's office and the person that answered said that I had to talk to his wife. I asked his wife if my dad left me an inheritance and she said "when I die" and would not give any more info. The person at the attorney's office told me that if the will goes to probate court that I would be notified by the attorney, and if it does not then I would not be notified. I thought all wills had to go through probate court. I live in Harris County, Texas. How can I get my deceased father's last will?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight. You will need local lawyer to send demand letter for the copy of the will or wait for them to file it for probate.Can you tell me did he decease here in Harris County?