Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My daughter, Cynthia, adopted her niece Barbara, which is the

Customer Question

My daughter, Cynthia, adopted her niece Barbara, which is the daughter of her half sister Crystal. Barbara was three at the time. Barbera has issues. At the time of the adoption Cynthia was told that Barbara would be covered by state health insurance because of these issues. A year after the adoption the state cancelled the insurance. Can my daughter sue the state to make them cover Barbara's medical insurance? Because Barbara's issues are going to be more expensive than my daughter and her husband can afford.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Why did they cancel the insurance? Has she applied the child for medicaid based on the child's disability?