Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

My wife's friend is wanting to give us here child after she

Customer Question

My wife's friend is wanting to give us here child after she gives birth. We live in Minnesota and she lives in Missouri. What do we do.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No we just found this out today
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: SE is getting divorced he ant her to have an abortion. And she would not do that. Me and my wife can't have children so she want us to be her chids arents
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.That's a very selfless thing she wants to do for the two of you... In order for her to be able eto give up her child for adoption she will need her soon-to-be ex husband's consent. I would encourage you to hire an attorney to ensure that the adoption goes smoothly (but first I would wait to see if the dad agrees to it). I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so. I'm also available by phone if that would help you. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative rating so that I may try to clarify anything that may be unclear to you. My goal is to make sure that you are satisfied with the assistance you've received, so if there's anything else I can do to help you, please let me know.
I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you DO have all of the information you need; please also let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.