How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11665
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to know my ex husband and i divorce we owed IRS money

Customer Question

i need to know my ex husband and i divorce we owed IRS money well since i divorce i went back to work filed a tax refund they took it applied it to the bill i have filed a innocent spouse relief in the divorce he agree to pay the IRS now they sent me a letter denied me my money said it was a civil court problem, i contacted ex three weeks ago will not respond to me do i have a case the amount is 1483.00 thank you Barbara ladd
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 11 months ago.
The court order in the divorce specifically stated the husband was to pay the IRS, or was it to reimburse the wife?