Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

How do I get out from under my current power of attorney,

Customer Question

How do I get out from under my current power of attorney, she has put a restraining order on my wife, who I cannot see any more. ..?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 months ago.
Hello​This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information. You are the Principle or the Agent? I am not sure of your situation. Please clarify.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am the principal, I had a severe rash stated to bleed, went to hospital, never got to see MD sent me to psychological facility. Was lock up for five days, until, the MD took a look and stated treatment, of course then they released me, do to I had a medical condition, not a mental health problems, But they released me with condition that I not have my wife, back in the house. With my power of attorney insisted on.
Thank you. You need to first read your POA you granted and see what it says about rescission.
If there are provisions then you need to follow those procedures.
If there are no provisions, then you can draft a Notice of Revocation of Power Attorney yourself. Sign it in front of a Notary and give it to the agent.
I suggest you can hand it to them, but also mail it certified with return receipt requested. Make copies and then provide them to your medical professionals and your banking institutions, etc. Whoever has a copy of the current POA needs a copy of the Notice.
HERE is a Link for a sample
Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Otherwise, thanking you in advance for a positive rating which ensures I get credit for my time and information.