MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.

I have a step son who has been increasingly mentally unfit.

Customer Question

I have a step son who has been increasingly mentally unfit. He's always been diagnosed with bipolar and anxiety, but has certainly been exhibiting signs of schizophrenia. He desperately needs treatment and medication. What can I do?
JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not really, but looking into it
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I do know some
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 5 months ago.
Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today. Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. You will need to get a power of attorney over your step-son so that you can make decisions for him related to his care, finances, medical, etc. Without a power of attorney, only the biological parent can make these decisions. I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience. Thank you.