Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Lawyer
Experience:  Twenty one years experience as a lawyer in New York and New Jersey. Former Appellate Law Clerk.

The high school coach is playing his son over mine. My son

Customer Question

the high school coach is playing his son over mine. My son is better. Any remedy for this. We live in north carolina
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Swartz replied 5 months ago.
Hello kenneth,There is no real legal remedy for this. The playing time of student athletes is generally a matter left up to the discretion of the coach. However, I would take up the matter with the school principal, and inquire if the school has any written policy about the playing time of athletes. If there is a written policy, there may be a way to enforce that policy favorably to your son. And if the coach has been unfair to your son and other athletes giving a preference to his son, I'm sure the principal will want to correct the situation with the coach.Thomas