Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am a Florida resident. Child support issued in Arizona Oct

Customer Question

I am a Florida resident. Child support issued in Arizona Oct 1991. Child turned 18 in March 2007. I had arrears at that time. In Oct 2007, ex-spouse got a judgment for back support. I understand the Sept 21, 2006, that the support statute of limitations ended. The child was 18-1/2 on Oct 2007. Not 18 plus 3 years. Is the judgment correct/valid being issued AFTER Sept 21, 2006?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Deleted
The Judgment is correct/valid. The information that you received on Statute of Limitations is not correct. See Arizona Revised Statutes Title 25 Section 25-503 especially subsections (i), (j) and (k). Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.