JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

I am a medic ambulance company. I started dating the

Customer Question

I am a medic for an ambulance company. I started dating the administrative director and became pregnant. He is now breaking up with me because I will not have an abortion. I am overwhelmed and so stressed because of having to work with him . I do not want and will not have an abortion! How can I find out my rights with my job and I want full custody. He does not want me to have the baby but says he will go after 50% so he will not to pay so much support. I need help
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 9 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Please be patient when waiting for a response. I may be looking something up, typing the response, or busy with something else and sometimes it takes a while to respond. I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what are my rights" or "what are my options" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If he wants me to have abortion will he still be able to get 50% custody? Can I file a suit for work place harssment
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 9 months ago.
If the judge believes he tried to get you to have an abortion then 50% custody is extremely unlikely. However, you should hire a family lawyer ASAP (without telling the father) so he can help you start getting proof together.Can you explain why and what you believe it is "workplace harassment"?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He is my boss He threatened me that if I did not get the abortion is me making him lose his job. Whenever I had morning sickness I would go upstairs to the bathroom to throw up and I would lock the bunkroom door because no one knew I was pregnant one of the supervisors told me they started writing me up and saying I was sleeping When he knew I was throwing up not sleeping I am pretty sure he is trying to find reasons to fire me I do not want to work with him after threats
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did not get an answer to my 2nd ?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You did not let me know who to talk to about workplace threats
. what kind of lawyer? please I am so stressed Thank you
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 9 months ago.
I'm not following how the harassment at employment is taking place. Is he threatening to fire you if you don't get an abortion?While a supervisor having sex with an employee can be sexual harassment, it isn't automatically if the relationship was a mutual idea and it didn't affect your job, so I need ot understand exactly what you are saying in relation to this.
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 9 months ago.
Also, I'm not sure what question that you believed you didn't get an answer to, can you retype that one?
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 9 months ago.
I am going to be offline for between 1 and 2 hours but will be back after that and will pick up again if you have responded.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Starting work now will be working all night can I talk tomorrow and not get charged any more?
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 9 months ago.
Yes, once you issue your positive rating then it will lock the question open and you can finish this and ask any follow up questions you have with no additional charge.