Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was wondering, what are the legality of marrying someone

Customer Question

Hi, I was wondering, what are the legality of marrying someone online?
JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: Me nd my girl have been together for a year. She had to go on a trip, it became a long distant relationship due to financial causes. And we were wondering if we could marry so we could use her inheritance to get her back into the US
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Sorta. So far her lawyer could get us married, but he need 5,000 to do it. Asked her why, but her lawyer won't say exactly why. Nd the paper work would take about a month
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. Where is she located? Is there any reason you cannot travel there and marry her there?