Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

My daughter is in a child custody battle in the count f Santa

Customer Question

my daughter is in a child custody battle in the count f Santa Clara. She is residing with her uncle in Fowler Ca. Her Family law attorney suggested that she file a DVTRO in Fresno and hire an attorney to represent her. She is tyring to find a Pro Bono attorney if possible as her funds are being exhausted my the baby"s wealthy family. do you have any advice or referrals?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 5 months ago.
Hi Gina. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you. I know this is not what you probably want to hear but finding a pro bono family attorney is very very difficult - but your best bet if you ant to look for one is to contact the state bar. They may be able to give you a list of some. They can also just generally give you a list of family attonreys in the area and you can contact those to see if they may be able to provide reduced rates. The good news, however, is that you do not need an attorney to file for a TRO - it can be done pro se. Please let me know if you have any questions or need me to clarify anything. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied and have all of the information you need (even if the law isn't exactly all that favorable...)