How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11446
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 17 year old that will be 18 in 31 days. She has been

Customer Question

I have a 17 year old that will be 18 in 31 days. She has been physically abusive to me within the last few weeks and is dating someone that is against me. I'm not comfortable with giving her a key or free access to the house but she is demanding one. I don't want her in the house if nobody is here. We can be available to let her in the house but I don't want to give her a key. Do I have to?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. Who does she live with now? You, or someone else (if someone else, then who)? Are there formal custody orders in place? What are they?
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!

Related Family Law Questions