NYFamilyLawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Owner, attorney in private practice, licensed for 36 years as a trial and appellate attorney

My kids were taking bc my farther in law knows a dcfs judge

Customer Question

my kids were taking bc my farther in law knows a dcfs judge and is trying to hurt our family we submitted to drug tyest 6 weeks later no results hired a lawyer not helpinghow long does test result take who gives you results what to do are family is broken apart on allagations why would someone ... view full
Category: Family Law
Expert:  NYFamilyLawyer replied 5 months ago.
Hello. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience. I specialize in family law and appeals, and I have many years’ experience with landlord-tenant issues and contract law. I also have written hundreds of legal articles. I look forward to helping you today.Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Oh, keep in mind that at the end of this discussion I'm going to ask you to please rate me as that's the only way I get credit for my time here today. Thanks! I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's awful when the family is torn apart like this. If you have a lawyer and the lawyer is "not helping" then get a new lawyer! You are allowed to fire your lawyer. If you are here asking questions, that tells me that you don't have faith in your lawyer so you should look for a new lawyer and then, when you find a new lawyer, you can fire this one. Don't sign anything with a new lawyer until you are sure you want to use that lawyer, and then fire this one. It is important to fire the lawyer in writing but you can also fire him or her over the phone. Also put it in writing, firing the lawyer okay? You should do both -- over the phone AND in writing.The testing is done by now. DCFS has the results. They may not give you the results until you are in court. I would presume you have a court date coming up soon? You can ask about the results in court. I don't know why your father in law did this but that's why you need a good family lawyer to explain this to you. Your first thing to do right now is find a better family lawyer. Your lawyer should be helping you, not making it harder for you. Your lawyer may know the results of the tests so call the lawyer and ask for the results, and if you want you can fire the lawyer at that time too. That's up to you, but you obviously need a new family lawyer.If there is anything here you don't understand, please ask me and I will explain it again. I am here to help you.You don't have to be stuck with a bad lawyer. Get a new family lawyer as soon as you can!Please accept my answer, rate my answer and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you and with your question. I work hard to give you a thorough and honest answer. Thank you for rating me. Please let me know if there is more that I can do to answer your question and if you need more information. If not, I thank you for your rating. I can’t get credit for answering your question without your fair and honest rating. Thank you! Good luck to you!
I will not be here the rest of the evening but will be available tomorrow morning if you have any more questions.