Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

I live in las vegas and was married to my wife

Customer Question

I live in las vegas and was married to my wife for 15years my wife left me and went to calufornia she has been there a year and filed for divorce in california what happens with the house
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Nope
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: We'll I am on food stamps not working just lost my son. Bought my home before getting married and now my wife wants half of the house
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Steven K. replied 7 months ago.
Did she say in her petition how she wanted the house divided? Did you file a Response?