Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I live in Singapore, am a US Citizen, but not eligible to file

Customer Question

I live in Singapore, am a US Citizen, but not eligible to file for divorce until 2017. Im looking for a state with short residency requirement to file divorce in the US.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Only in Singapore
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: What information do you require?
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I have 2 children age 8 and 11. We have lived in Singapore since July 2014. My husband is a British citizen. Children are US citizens. There is an ongoing application for care and control and maintenance in Singapore.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for your question. Do you both want to divorce? Do you have an agreement as to custody and support?