N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983

What is the statue of limitation on a divorce settlement in

Customer Question

What is the statue of limitation on a divorce settlement in the state of texas/
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: DIvorce in AK in 97. Ex wife is entitle to 17.5% of my pension. I retired in 2000. In the settlement it is her responsibility to file the cliam fr the pension. In 2007 she died. Now 9 yrs later her daughter wants to sue me for the pension amount her mother would have received.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry to hear this. If the judgment made your ex responsible for claiming the pension, then her daughter has no valid claim against you. If she is suing you, please tell me in which State and I can try to provide a list of attorneys there who could represent you. I hope this information is helpful.