LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney

My daughter is having a man watch her 2 year old baby while

Customer Question

My daughter is having a man watch her 2 year old baby while she works, he was ordered by the judge to have supervised visitation with his own 1 year old. My question is, if he has supervised rights only to his own child can he legally be watching someone else's 2 year old in the state of Virginia
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 6 months ago.
A few minutes please as I look into this.
Thank you for your patience; there is no statutory restriction re: a parent with supervised child visitation being precluded from babysitting another child; however, supervised visitation is generally court ordered for a reason- the court does not feel comfortable allowing the person to be alone with the child, so they order that another adult must be present. Sometimes this can be any third party adult; othertimes it must be a social worker or other professional; it varies based on the order.Court records are public, so one can review the case to determine the reason for the supervised visitation. Sometimes the supervision is ordered because the child and parent have not had a relationship so it is designed to make the child feel comfortable by having a familiar third party present; in other cases, it is because of physical or emotional abuse to the child or other person; and it can be ordered if the court is concerned about substance abuse, mental stability etc. Here is a link to state licensed child care providers: Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat. Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.(no additional charges are incurred). Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information provided was useful.Here is a link to the bar association's legal referral site: you have further questions please post here; otherwise kindly--- Rate Positively---so the site credits me for assisting you.Thank you and take care!