Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I have a 4 year old daughter with my husband.. I have been

Customer Question

I have a 4 year old daughter with my husband.. I have been diagnosed with mild bipolar 1 disorder. I have never been hospitalized and take medication. I was in outpatient treatment one year ago when i found out.With my medication, I my condition is controlled and I feel better now than I did before the med. I am about to go through a divorce.
What can i do, or gather to protect myself against any threat of losing my 4 year old?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.I respect your desire to do everything you can to protect yourself against the threat of losing your daughter - but there is absolutely no reason, based on the information you have provided, that suggests there is ANY reason you should lose your daughter. People with mental health conditions have - and keep - children every single day and if you are demonstrating that you are a good parent to your child there is no reason your husband would be entitled to any more custody than you are entitled to. Does that make sense? Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so. I'm also available by phone if that would help you. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative rating so that I may try to clarify anything that may be unclear to you. My goal is to make sure that you are satisfied with the assistance you've received, so if there's anything else I can do to help you, please let me know.
I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you DO have all of the information you need; please also let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.