Albert Marmero
Albert Marmero,
Experience:  Partner at Long, Marmero, & Associates, LLP
93452170

My daughters husband called me and threatened to kill my

Customer Question

Hi! My daughters husband called me and threatened to kill my daughter! I don't think she will do anything because she is scared. What can I do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Albert Marmero replied 7 months ago.
My professional advice would be to report this threat to the police immediately. This will ensure that there is a record of this event occurring, which could be helpful if she ever needs to leave him or divorce him, or seek a restraining order in the future. And it could save her life if he is serious. As an attorney, I cannot stress how valuable it is to have police reports of events like this. Even if you think he is not serious I would highly recommend you report it and tell the police you are not sure if he's serious. Its better to be safe then sorry.I hope you find my response helpful. Please provide a rating so I get credit for responding to you. Feel free to ask follow-up question and keep me updated. Thanks!
Any update on this situation? Did you make the police report? Also please provide a rating so I get credit for this response.