Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

If Judge made an Order and jugment to pay my attorney

Customer Question

If Judge made an Order and jugment for spuse to pay my attorney legal fees, but I already paid the fees can I get the amount ordered to be paid back from my attorney or do I have to try and collect that amount instead of attorney collecting that amount that judge ordered to be paid to them.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this. In such a case, the spouse still has to pay the fees. This is reimbursement from the spouse to you for the money paid and once they pay it paid (back), the money is to go to you. If the spouse does not pay it, someone in your situation may wish to bring a contempt motion to force payment. The Court may then at its discretion admonish, fine, and/or jail the spouse for non payment, or threaten to do so unless they pay. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.