RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

How much will be my child support considering these factors,

Customer Question

how much will be my child support considering these factors, the baby's mum stay in another state, i got only one child, the baby's mum dont work?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. Just to make sure (since it can make a difference in my answer) the support order is from North Dakota? Where is the child living as that is where the support order would be from.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your reply. To help make sure that children are treated fairly across the state, Texas laws provide some guidelines about how much should be paid. These guidelines are assumed to be in a child's best interest.Because of these guidelines, most people pay child support based on a percentage of their net income. “Income” is money from all sources, not just wages from a job. Net income is income after basic deductions for federal income tax, Medicare and Social Security.For a parent who has no other children outside the current court proceedings, the percentage to be applied is as follows:20% for 1 child,25% for 2 children,30% for 3 children,35% for 4 children,40% for 5 children,Not less than 40% for 6 or more children.In cases where the Obligor, or parent who is obligated to pay child support, has other children to support, the percentages are slightly lower.So, for example, let's assume your net monthly income (all income sources, after taxes, Social Security, etc) is $1500/month. Your child support obligation for one child is 20% of that net amount, or $300. If you need clarification or additional information, please reply, I am happy to assist further. Thank you.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 5 months ago.
Your complete satisfaction is my goal. If you need additional information or clarification about my answer, please reply, and I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, kindly remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars/happy faces (3-5 stars/happy faces) as that is the only way experts such as myself are compensated on this site for our time and expertise, even if you have left a deposit. It doesn't cost you anything extra to leave a rating. Thank you.