Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My wife & I got married, after many years together. My stepson�

Customer Question

My wife & I got married, after many years together. My stepson's biological father is over $10,000.00 arrears in child support & he only saw him when my stepson was under the age of 2. I want to adopt him and have him take my wife & my last name. My stepson will be 9 in August 2016 and says that he wants his last name changed to mine, his mother's and other children that we have & are expecting in July 2016. What is the cheapest & quickest way to do this?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.Do you know if the biological father is willing to voluntarily terminate his parental rights?
Also, what state are you in?