Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I have a question I have an ex-girlfriend that I believe scammed

Customer Question

I have a question I have an ex-girlfriend that I believe scammed me in our relationship. She even admitted it in a text she should have taken me for more. I know if I could see her cell phone and Facebook messaging the I could prove see did. Would it be worth going to that extreme and filing charges if I could prove a Sweetheart Scam?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.It's hard for *me* to answer whether it would be "worth it" - that's largely a question for you to decide. (I'd be happy to give you *my* opinion if you would like it though.) But I can tell you that you'll need evidence to file a lawsuit and it's very difficult to go into court to say you are filing a lawsuit to find evidence to proceed with a lawsuit. Now, if you do have some evidence, then certainly you can file and then seek *more* evidence via Discovery. Does that make sense? Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so. I'm also available by phone if that would help you. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. My goal is to make sure that you are satisfied with the assistance you've received, so if there's anything else I can do to help you, please let me know.
I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you DO have all of the information you need; please also let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.