AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
93913325

10 YEARS AGO MY WIFE AND ME SEPARATED UNOFFICIALLY I FINANCED

Customer Question

10 YEARS AGO MY WIFE AND ME SEPARATED UNOFFICIALLY I FINANCED OUR HOME AND AND DIVIDED EVERYTHING BETWEEN US. SHE BOUGHT A CONDO FOR HERSELF AND MOVED OUT. I DID NOT ASK HER TO SIGN THE DEED TO ME AND NOW THAT I WANT TO SELL MY HOME SHE REFUSES TO SIGN THE DEED TO ME.
IN THE PAST 10 YEARS WE HAD NOT HAVE ANY PHYSICAL RELATIONSHIP. AND ALSO WE HAD FILED SEPARATE TAX RETURNS.
I HAVE PAID THE MORTGAGE AND TAXES MYSELF IN ADDITION TO HELPING OUR KIDS. WHAT OPTIONS I HAVE?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I would like to assist you with your question. I am a licensed family law attorney with 15 years vigorous practice experience. Keep in mind that this is for information and education and not to be considered legal advice.If her name is ***** ***** deed and she won't agree to sign it, you will have to get a court order compelling her to sign it or a court order transferring the property through the order itself.In order to get the court order, you will need to file a formal case for legal separation or divorce. There isn't another way to get the property transferred if she is alive and refusing to cooperate with you.I hope that I have been helpful. Please confirm that I have provided you with the answer to your question, and provide me with a positive rating so that my site administrators are aware that I am providing wonderful service.Best,Heather S, Attorney