Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney

My children go with their dad every other weekend per our court

Customer Question

My children go with their dad every other weekend per our court order and this weekend my children are to go with their father however my daughter just had surgery. Do I have any right to deny my child from going with her father this weekend?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have 2 kids and I am not trying to deny my son from going just my daughter because of her getting out of the hospital today from surgery. Is it possible to allow my son to go and deny my daughter from going?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. Perhaps you can negotiate with the father in good faith. Ask him if you can keep the child this time, and double his visitation some other time. Do this with email if possible so you can preserve the evidence of any agreement. If he agrees, make sure you uphold your end of the bargain. Similarly, if he does not agree, email him your objection; but keep to the court order if at all possible so that he cannot come after you later. Courts are predominantly concerned with the well being of the child, not so much the hurt feelings of two adults who cannot get along. You might look through the court order to see if any language addresses this, if not and you think your child cannot travel, it would be reasonable to keep her home. If it is reasonable that the child will become even more ill due to travel, then such an agreement may later be ratified by the courts. Though reasonableness is key, if your child had surgery, it is probably reasonable to send only your son. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?