RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

I have just received notice from the Superior Court that

Customer Question

I have just received notice from the Superior Court that Oral Arguments are scheduled for the end of May. My case will be number 15. I did ask for the 15 minute argument option.How many cases a day do the Judges hear generally?How long will I have to present my 'opening argument'?How long will the opposition have to present his argument?What happens then?How many judges will we be arguing before?What are the limits in regards ***** ***** I can argue or bring up?Can I object to something stated or brought up by the opposition?If the opposition makes a factually false statement (ie contradicts something in the record) can I object to the oppositions false statement?Anything I should read, study or look at in regards ***** ***** rules of the Superior Court and how to argue in front of them?Thank you.Lee
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. They generally schedule up to 40-45 or so cases in a day.Some are continued for various reasons so the actual number heard maybe less. You will be given 15 minutes here to present your oral argument.They may interrupt you with questions.You need to practice with a timer and have somebody interrupt you with oddball questions so practicing getting beck to track is critical. You will need to be brief here providing an argument that summarizes your points of error.http://howappealing.abovethelaw.com/TheTragedyOfTheOralArgumentCommonsAtThePaSuperiorCourt.pdf As you can see by the above article court is extremely busy, expect time limits here to be enforced. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.
This article may be invaluable to you to prepare here, maybe you want to go visit ahead of time if possible http://www.foxrothschild.com/publications/tips-pitfalls-from-judge-gantman/ I appreciate the chance to help you today and good luck to you .
Reference looks like you get 15 minutes a pieceBy contrast, in the Superior Court of Pennsylvania, the decision whether an appeal will be orally argued is generally left up to the lawyers for the parties. In every category of case but one (habeas corpus appeals), the attorney for the party that has appealed is given the ability to set an appeal for oral argument and determine whether the appeal should be argued for five minutes per side (placing it on what is known as the "expedited list") or for fifteen minutes per side (placing it on the "regular list"). http://www.hjbashman.com/resources-articles-12-08-03.htm If you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you.
You are so welcome.If you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.
The stars should appear, five stars is the best.