Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

If a domestic violence case has been closed can it be

Customer Question

If a domestic violence case has been closed can it be reopened? Because of any reason.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 6 months ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m an attorney with 15 years vigorous courtroom practice experience, and I would like to assist you in answering your question. My response is for information and education, and not as legal advice and we do not form an attorney/client relationship.Before I answer your question, I need to ask you a question. When you say "domestic violence case" are you talking about a protective order type of case that an individual has filed against a person who has abused that person, in which the victim is asking for no contact with the abuser, etc? Or are you referring to a criminal case that a prosecutor has brought against an individual to have him convicted of a felony or misdemeanor and then have a possible jail sentence imposed? I just can't tell what type of case you are talking about.