Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Selling our Family Land My question is complied - There

Customer Question

Selling our Family Land
My question is complied - There is a 150 year old property that has been inherent down through the families on both sides in Sunnyside, TX. The parents and grandparents have 7 kids. Some have kids some no! This question regard Commodore Payne, who has no kids of his own. He married a lady with a son (age 5) when they married and was dad to him all of his life; age now 70 (something) when Commodore passed at 87 years old. I am in goddaughter on the Payne side - the couple were my godparent since I was 4 years old and all of her life Man (his son) and I called each other brother and sister because of Commodore.
My question is - Is the sell on the land - is it not right to consider the brother and sister of Commodore Payne instead of the other relatives - excluding Man and I in the sell of this land. His will was no Probate!
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 10 months ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m an attorney with 15 years vigorous courtroom practice experience, and I would like to assist you in answering your question. My response is for information and education, and not as legal advice and we do not form an attorney/client relationship.I would really like to assist you in this question, but in reading what you have written, I am having trouble understanding the facts you are laying out and understanding your question. Is there any way you could take some time and type up the situation in more detail and your question a bit more clearly. I really want to help you but I just can't quite get the facts straight.