How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27184
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In my divorce decree it states "petitioner is awarded 25% of

Customer Question

In my divorce decree it states "petitioner is awarded 25% of respondent's military pension. Respondent is awarded the remaining 75% of military pension". When the pension payments increase do I have to increase the amount that is paid to the petitioner?
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

If that is the entirety of the language of the decree, then yes, you would. That's saying that the Petitioner gets 25% of the total pension. It would have to say something like "Petition is awarded 25% of the respondent's military pension as of the date of the divorce decree" for you to keep the full increase. But based on what you've posted, you have to give 25% of each of your payments.

It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.

Related Family Law Questions