P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.

I have a 17 year old son who will graduate on may 19. he

Customer Question

I have a 17 year old son who will graduate on may 19. he wishes to go into the military but his father is giving him a hard time and won't sign the papers so he can begin his military career. we live in Alabama and I am the legal custodial parent. his father lives in Pennsylvania and only has summer visitation rights. is there a way around this so that my son can enter the military now and not have to wait until he is 18?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. I am here to help
Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
If father has "visitation" rights? His signature will be required. So you can either convince the dad to sign off...or have the child wait until he turns 18 and he can enlist without parental consent
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.