Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have been with my mate six years helping him

Customer Question

Hi, I have been with my mate for almost six years helping him run his business. He through me out of the house two night ago.
JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. I'm not sure were I stand.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: He owns a company that I have run the office for him. First in my home and he dose pay for office space $1000.00 but he has never paid for me to work for him. A year ago he had us move but would not allow me to rent my home so he still just pay the office space. Now he has thrown me out of the house and changed the code.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Family Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: He is offering me $300 a week plus 5% of jobs ($5000.00 a year maybe)
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this. Please tell me: 1) What state is this in?2) Does he own or rent? Is your name on the title/lease?
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
http://www.justanswer.com/expert/qa.aspx?T=16226429