Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence

I volunteered hair follicle test to prove I haven't been us

Customer Question

I volunteered for a hair follicle test to prove I haven't been using drugs. My husband lied after beating me up and said I was on drugs. Test came back negative for all drugs. This was after judge said I had a drug problem, which I have since proved I don't but my husband has my kids. And after getting my kids my husband assaulted my mother (3)witnesses. I was inside and didn't see. Also husband forged my name trying to be sole owner on my sons life insurance. Again all of this was after judge gave my husband my kids. I pleaded with the courts that my husband was abusive but they believed him can I be ordered or is it normal for a judge to order a second hair test? I was just in a horrible car accident and was give medication I don't want to lose my kids. Again does a judge usually ask for a 2nd hair test?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is so important. I thought since there are so many people lawyers or helpers, it would be easy to talk to someone(###) ###-#### ***** have tons of appts tomorrow. I hope we can talk for a couple minutes tonight thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry. This said it would be quick and my big question was. Do judges order more than 1 hair follicle test after 1st one ( done voluntarily) came back completely clean. Negative for all drugs. I don't understand how this is taking so long. Sorry for being snippy, it just doesn't seem like very difficult question. I paid money and didn't expect this long for a simple question Again sorry if this seems cold, rude, snippy or snotty. I just needed to know because of the accident and I am covered in bruises and afraid to take something
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's been 10 minutes and I really needed an answer immediately
Expert:  Steven K. replied 6 months ago.
I apologize for the delay.. I think requests for phone calls are often delayed, particularly late at night. Because of the urgency, I'm responding in writing. Repeat of a hair follicle test is not something I've ever seen happen before. I could imagine it happening if the validity of the test were called into question, but otherwise, it's not usually necessary, since the hair follicle test goes back several months. Urinalysis tests are typically repeated, but that is because they only test in the short term. However, if you are asked to do another test, you should tell the tester about your prescription medications. This is typically taken into account and renders a positive test meaningless. I hope this helps even though it is later than you wanted. If the delay is problematic for you, you may request a refund from customer service.