Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I have a quick question I hope is a yes or no. My child support

Customer Question

I have a quick question I hope is a yes or no. My child support per the final decree is based on the Wright v Osburn Statute, question I have in determining my ex wife income does that include "death benefits", social security, she receives for her biological kids, whose father passed away (approx $3200 a month). Nevada Law
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 7 months ago.
Yes, Nevada would include most all of that additional income in determining the child support amount owed unless any benefits are clearly identified as for her biological children.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The social security checks are made out to the children and my ex wife deposits in her account. Not sure I understand your answer. Would that be considered additional income and be part of her household income. The statue states I pay 18% of the difference in her income. So does the social security she receives that are technically addressed to her kids but are minors. Does that make more sense?
If the social security benefits are specific to the children then that is not income, but any other benefits she receives in her name are part of her income.