Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

In idaho, is there any way to legally protect an unborn baby?

Customer Question

in idaho, is there any way to legally protect an unborn baby? the mother won't stop using meth. now that she has been confronted with it, she is threatening to move back to California. I'm not looking to control her in any way, i only want my baby to be healthy & not taken where i cant/won't be able to find it , or have any legal leg to stand on.
please, help me. thank you.
~Kevin L. Severns~
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.Kevin, that's just horrible. And, YES, there is a way to legally protect an unborn baby - but you need to urgently contact Child Protective Services and report her. I wouldn't go to court, which takes *time* - I would go straight to CPS. Does that make sense? I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so. I'm also available by phone if that would help you. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you DO have all of the information you need; please also let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.