Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

If my ex-spouse lied during our divorce settlement, can I

Customer Question

If my ex-spouse lied during our divorce settlement, can I have the case re-opened and re-evaluated?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 10 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.If your spouse made a material omission (meaning he or she failed to disclose something significant) or *lied* you would be able to petition the court to reevaluate the validity of your divorce decree. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'll be happy to do so.