Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

I purchased a hour 50/50 as an act of commitment to the mother

Customer Question

I purchased a hour 50/50 as an act of commitment to the mother of my son. We had been living near together for 4 years before and during pregnancy but couldn't agree on a prenuptial. So I bought a house for $675,000, spent $50,000 of my own money in repairs, have a $463,000 or so mortgage, a $90,000 home equity line, was loaned $150,000 from my dad and $35,000 from mom. And Natalie was given $50,000 from her dad. She now says she wants to leave me. I would like to keep the house.
Questions:
Are the loans from parents communal property?
Is my money from my savings?
Is the mortgage and HELOC deducted?
Will the equity we split exclude all these expenses I invented? And was loaned from parents and Citibank?
Thank you.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Meant house, not hour
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, but I do not completely understand your post. Kindly review, edit, properly identify the issues, review your questions, correct or clarify the questions, and resubmit. Thank you for your cooperation,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased a house, 50/50 joint tenants in common, with my partner and mother of my child. And as an act of commitment. I purchased the home 50/50 so both our names are ***** ***** I did this as an act of commitment to the mother of my son and to attempt a family. We had been living together for 5?years before and during pregnancy, but couldn't agree on a prenuptial. So I bought a house for $675,000 a year ago for a family and our some. I spent $50,000 of my own money in repairs, I am carrying the entire mortgage of $463,000, and a $90,000 home equity line both of which I took on my credit as hers was not good, hence I was loaned from the bank a total of roughy $550,000. I also was gifted / loaned $150,000 from my dad and $35,000 from mom for a down payment. And Natalie, my partner and mother of our son is on deed, she was given $50,000 from her dad as a contribution to the down on the house. She now says she wants to leave me. Yet, I would like to keep the house. I remodeled it myself and find it a safe home for out son.Questions:Are the loans from parents communal property?Is my money from my savings communal property?I purchased a house 50/50 as an act of devotion...I purchased a house 50/50 as an act of commitment to the mother of my son. We had been living near together for 3 years before and during pregnancy but couldn't agree on a prenuptial. So I bought a house for $675,000, spent $50,000 of my own money in repairs, have a $463,000 or so mortgage, a $90,000home equity line, was loaned $150,000 from my dad and $35,000 from mom. And Natalie was given $50,000 from her dad. She now says she wants to leave me. I would like to keep the house.Questions:Are the loans from parents communal property?Is my money from my savings communal property?Is the mortgage and HELOC deducted from equity to be split between the two owners,Will the equity we split exclude all these expenses I acreied, being that I was was loaned from parents and Citibank? Does that why deducted from the equity communal shared value?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phillip, go I get it. Fido youngish a phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had a few drinks
I am sorry, but I do not understand your comments.
I am still reviewing your follow-up post. Do you still want me to continue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you a real lawyer? I bought a house, font tenancy, I acruwd all the debtC parents gifted money I have $550,000 in debt to bank, $150, 000 to my Dad, $30,000 to my mom. $50,000 to my partners dad and I spent $40,000 from my savings. What is COMUNAL PROPERTY AND WHAT SO I HAVE TO SHARE WITH NATALIE PENDING SHE IS UNHAPPY?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Joint tenants in common
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
House worth $80,000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Man this service sucks what a waste
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid for sown simple advice as to what determines communal property and what is considered a loan on the purcahsee
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So yes cntinue
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
error
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does that mean, may I speak to a supervisor
Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 year ago.
1. If the loans were made during the marriage, they are community debts. 2. Where did the money in your savings come from? Your earnings during marriage? If you tell me where it came from, I can tell you whether it is community or separate.3 and 4. The mortgage and other debts, if acquired during the marriage, would be a community debt. All community debt is balanced against the value of any community property. So, in a sense, it is deducted.What kinds of expenses are you talking about?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are not married. We share the house 50-50 yet my equity line of credit is 90,000 my mortgage is(###) ###-#### ***** the breadwinner I make all the money the loans from my parents were 150,000 30,000 and her 50,000 from her father. What is communal property?
Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 year ago.
Unless you had a contact with her saying something different, the other of both the property and the debts are whoever is listed in the title or loan.