LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

Can I refuse a cps drug test? The allegations that were made

Customer Question

Can I refuse a cps drug test? The allegations that were made were false but I had a family based case in the past so they asked me to test. I have used twice and if it is a hair follicle it would show up. What can I do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good evening,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. CPS has no legal authority to fore anyone to submit to a drug test, alcohol test or any other kind of test. Yes, of course, you may refuse to take a drug test requested by CPS. Unless you are stopped by a law enforcement officer driving, and based on suspicion of DUI, you don't have a legal obligation to drug test. Alternatively, if you are on probation or parole a drug/alcohol test may be part of the terms of your probation/parole. Aside from that, you can't be forced to drug test. So, in conclusion, yes, you may refuse a drug test requested by CPS.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good morning,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug