Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Can I attach text messages, police reports and a restraining

Customer Question

Can I attach text messages, police reports and a restraining order as exhibits on the MC 031 document? Thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure. I'm completing s responsive declaration to modify child custody. The motioning part has a restraining order against her. She also violated the order and was arrested. I have multiple texts that demonstrate instability and erratic behavior that I would like to include in my response along with documentation seeking the restraining order that was granted and the police report for violating the order.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, you can indeed attach the police reports, text messages and an original copy of the restraining order to the MC 031, since that is your evidence on why they should not get custody or should have supervised visitation.
Those documents are your proof of the conduct supporting your contentions in your response.