FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I am a single father wanting full custody

Customer Question

Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 7 months ago.
Good morning. Where is the child now? Were you married to the mother at the time of the child's birth?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He lives with me. We were never married. She doesn't work, but receives income from her rental property. Does not help with childcare payments. Only watches him if she needs me to watch her daughter to go out. It's not working.
Great to hear back from you and thank you for the additional information. Based upon what you shared above, you would need to proceed through the court and have full custody ordered. Since you were never married, you would first need to establish that you are the biological father. Then, you would have standing to ask the Judge to award you custody and that decision will be based upon the best interest of the child. You can present evidence to show the history and how you have raised her to date and show the Judge the child is better off with you and to simply allow the mother visitation. Moreover, if you have full custody, then you can ask to be awarded child support as well, to help with the financial cost and care. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.