Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Our case was rejected a couple of times and we would like to

Customer Question

Our case was rejected a couple of times and we would like to know next steps. It was initially rejected because my wife filed a response, which she did not know she was not supposed to do. We filed it a second time and it was rejected for some aesthetic reasons, i.e. documents loose, not stapled. They also mentioned, "the Agreement/Stipulation must be attached with each FL-180" and that some documents are incomplete. We used CompleteCase and there were no documents listed as incomplete prior to us filing.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you gone to the self help desk at the court to have them look at each document you filed to make sure all of the documents are there. Here is the CA Self Help page (http://www.courts.ca.gov/1033.htm) and if you click on the links on that page it walks you through every form you need to file as part of your divorce, including the complaint, the financial disclosures and any community property or other marital agreements, so you can double check those forms against what you received from the company you used to fill them out.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your response. Judging by your response I take it you are not affiliated with completecase.com. I am aware of the self help desk at the court and the CA self help page. Both assisted in leading us down this path of rejected filings. I was hoping for a more specific response in regards ***** ***** with how to not get this rejected a third time. I was under the impression that the company we used had a fairly high success rate. Is there anything else you can recommend other than the help desk and self help site?
Thank you for your reply.
No, our site has nothing to do with any service such as completecase. Sorry if there was any confusion with that on your part.
Rocketlawyer and legalzoom would be the most reputable services, but again we cannot guarantee any such services as we do not know the attorney you will get when you contact them.