Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I have back child support and I just got my hours reduce to

Customer Question

I have back child support and I just got my hours reduce to 24 hours a week they where at 32 and my payment was 200 mo. now they want 450 mo. they said because i was working 40 hours and only reason I had 40 was i used 8 hours of my vacation to make ti a full check My case worker wont reduce it and i can't pay my bills and on the verg of eviction and dissaconnect notice I talk to the supervisor and he just gave no help my monthly bills are 1,400 and my income is around 1,500 also one case # ***** getting aournd 10% of the total garnisment how can i get them to spilt it even
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.I recognize you're short on cash right now so the best thing to do would be to file a pro se motion for a modification of child support based on change of circumstances, which would allow you to show the court that your income has been reduced through no fault of your own - meaning your hours were cut, rather than you just asking for a reduction in hours in order to reduce child support. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Hi Greg. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you DO have all of the information you need; please also let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.