Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

I want to terminate parental rights of my kids dad he has not

Customer Question

I want to terminate parental rights of my kids dad he has not seen his children for 10 years in a single mother on disability going through breast cancer. How would I terminate his rights?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.I am sorry to hear of your ill health and wish you the best in recovery and health.Unfortunately, in Wisconsin, the termination of parental rights of only one parent at the request of the other generally cannot happen unless there is an accompanying step-parent adoption. In other words, the parental rights of a parent cannot be terminated unless there is a new parent ready and willing to step into that role. Wisconsin’s policy is that a child is entitled to have two legal parents to support them.
Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is there any state where a single parent can terminate the other parents parental rights.
CLICK this link for the information regarding the state laws
Keep in mind that your child must live in the state where you will file for at least 6 months to have it the child's home state. Or you need to file in the Respondent's state. In other words, you cannot just simply file in any state.