Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18 years of litigation experience.
18321761

Harboring a foster child in the state of Ga.making a false

Customer Question

harboring a foster child in the state of Ga.making a false runaway police report is something I can prove my husband has done .the 17 year old is a foster child of NC that we brought to Ga to become her legal guardian she is my second cousin.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 10 months ago.
Hello, What is the question that you have about this situation?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There had been no legal repercussion against my husband at all for lying to police about a run away i called today and they will not go after him at all the officer told me. I cant believe no one can do anything about the situation.No even a slap on the hand. I paid a PI to find the runaway and she was with my husband all along. He gets away with- she showed up the day before--- Nothing was done.How can i go about making sure he is charged with something. Even the people who house he was camping in thier o yard knew about this and helped harbor her. unbelievable. I contact DFCS about my husband possible sexual relationship with a foster child. what else can I do to push the issue. and have charges brought against him other in use it in my divorce court. the police and detective will not listen even when i gave them information about it..there has to be some law about foster parent having sex a foster child even if she is 17 . something like a teach student role
Unfortunately, if the foster child is over the age of consent, the fact that she may be having sex with your husband would not be incest or statutory rape, however improper. It is certainly wrong morally, but the law and morality do not always match up. Some state extend the age of consent to 18 when the other party is a person with authority over her. Georgia's statutory rape statute, however, does not do that. If the police are not interested, you can sometimes initiate a prosecution by going over their heads to the DA's Office and bringing their attention to his harboring and sleeping with a runaway foster child. And if you can prove adultery, that would also be grounds for a divorce, if not for a prosecution. Beyond that, making this a DCFS issue, which you have already done, would be the other option and one that, I sould think, would get more attention. If they find wrongdoing, the authorities would be notified again, but this time by a state agency, which might yield different results.