Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

I live in NJ I have a stop pay motion concluding

Customer Question

I live in NJ I have a stop pay motion for alimony concluding May 31st of this year. My ex has been cohabitating and was already delt with. I recently learned she remarried this past Feb. Can I get a credit because I have still been paying ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.As far as getting a "credit" - I'm not sure what you mean. Your best bet if you want to try to get some of your money back is to either file a motion with the court asking for a return of funds paid, which is rather unusual, or you can file an action in small claims court essentially suing her for the amount you "overpaid." Another option, if you were paying through the court, is to contact the probation dept to determine whether they have any means to "claw back" money that has been paid. Small claims court, however, is probably the most likely of the three to succeed. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra but it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Hello. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.